Welcome to the DC Fiscal Policy Institute’s Fiscal Year 2015(FY15) Budget Toolkit!
Here you will find resources to help you understand the annual budget and budget process in DC.
In addition, you will find an in depth guide and tools to understand the fiscal year 2015 budget that will be proposed by Mayor Gray by April 3rd, 2014 and voted on by the DC Council on May 28th.
If you want e-mail updates on the fiscal year 2015 budget from DCFPI, sign up here.
Fiscal Year 2015 Budget Guide
In order to help you understand the fiscal year 2015 budget, DCFPI will release an in-depth analysis of the entire DC budget following the Mayor’s release of his proposed FY15 budget.
- Guide to the fiscal year 2015 budget process.
- Overview of the FY 2015 proposed budget.
- DCFPI Budget Spreadsheet: This downloadable spreadsheet includes information on local funding for all DC agencies from fiscal year 2000 to fiscal year 2015.
- Fiscal year 2015 budget analyses for key issue areas: education, employment/training, energy assistance, health care, homeless services, housing, Interim Disability Assistance (IDA), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), and taxes.
- Fiscal Year 2015 budget briefings: Several Agencies will be holding briefings to help the public better understand the changes to their fiscal year 2015 budget and provide an opportunity to ask questions. Click here for a list of upcoming briefings and see briefing materials from the Child and Family Services Administration, Office of the State Superintendent of Education, Department of Human Services, Department of Employment Services, Department of Health Care Finance, Department of Housing and Community Development and the DC Housing Authority.
- Brief Summary of Investments Made in the FY 2015 Approved Budget
Becoming a DC Budget Advocate
Looking to get involved but don’t know where to start? These documents will help you get more familiar with the budget process in DC, as well as with how we earn the revenue to support our budget.
- DCFPI’s Guide to the Annual Budget Process
- DCFPI’s Citizen’s Guide to the DC Budget
- DCFPI’s Guide to Where the District Gets its Revenue
DC Mayor’s Proposed Budget
Below are links to the FY 2015 budget that the Mayor will release by April 3rd.
- Fiscal Year 2015 Budget and Financial Plan
- FY 2014 Supplemental Budget
- Emergency FY 2014 amended Budget Request Act
- Emergency FY 2014 amended BRA emergency declaration
DC Council Proposed Budget
Below are links to the FY 2015 budget that the Council will vote on May 28th.
Stay Up to Date!
Sign up for budget updates from DCFPI! We will send weekly e-mails through budget season including:
- Updates on budget happenings
- An overview of budget related blogs
- Opportunities to get involved in budget advocacy
- Mayor’s proposed fiscal year 2015 budget website: Find links to the Mayor’s proposed budget and supporting documents.
- FY 2015 Budget Support Act: Click here to find the legislation that accompanies the FY 2015 budget request act.
- DC budget and financial plan on the Chief Financial Officer’s website. Find links to the current proposed budget as well as links to budgets from FY 2007-FY 2013.
- DC Council fiscal year 2015 budget website: Find link to the Council’s budget documents, oversight hearing schedule, oversight questions and answers, and more.