Welcome to the DC Fiscal Policy Institute’s Budget Toolkit!
Here you will find resources to help you understand the annual budget process in DC.
That includes an in-depth guide and tools to understand the fiscal year (FY) 2017 budget proposed by Mayor Bowser on March 24th, 2016, and voted on by the DC Council in May and June.
If you want e-mail updates on the FY 2017 budget from DCFPI, sign up here.
Fiscal Year 2017 Budget Guide
In order to help you understand the FY 2017 budget, DCFPI has released an in-depth analysis of the entire proposed FY 2017 DC budget and analyses of several individual program areas. (See below.)
Analysis of Key Issue Areas:
- Employment and Training
- Interim Disability Service (IDA)
- Health Care
- Temporary Assistance For Needy Families (TANF)
- Homeless Services
- Tax and Revenue
Becoming a DC Budget Advocate
Looking to get involved but don’t know where to start? These documents will help you get more familiar with the budget process in DC, as well as with how we earn the revenue to support our budget.
- DCFPI Overview of Mayor’s Proposed FY 2017 Budget
- DCFPI’s Quick Guide to the 2017 Budget Process & Timeline
- DCFPI’s Citizen’s Guide to the DC Budget
- DCFPI Guide to Where the District Gets its Revenue
- DCFPI’s Guide to School Funding
Stay Up To Date!
Sign up for budget updates from DCFPI! We will send weekly e-mails through budget season including:
- Updates on budget happenings
- An overview of budget related blogs
- Opportunities to get involved in budget advocacy