DCFPI’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 Budget Toolkit has resources to help you understand the annual budget process and what’s in the proposed FY 2021 DC budget.
Analysis of Key Issue Areas
Click the links below for our analyses of the Mayor’s proposed budget:
- 5 Takeaways from the Mayor’s Proposed Budgets for FY 2020 (Revised) and FY 2021
- A Deeper Dive Into the Mayor’s Budget Proposals
- What’s in the Mayor’s Proposed Budgets for the Department of Human Services?
- DC Council Should Put Revenue on the Table to Build a Just Recovery
- Mayor’s Proposed Budget Falls Short of Stabilizing Child Care Sector
- How Divesting from the Police Can Strengthen the District
- An Investment in Affordable Housing is an Investment in Long-Term Community Stability
- DC Students Deserve Empathy and Greater Mental Health Support, Not Policing and Punishment
- DC Budget Markups: Council Boosts Funding for Some Services but Substantial Shortcomings Remain
- DC Council Budget Moves in the Right Direction, Some Major Shortcomings Remain
- DC Council Should Protect Revenue Increases at Second Vote and Use More Reserves
Becoming a DC Budget Advocate
Looking to get involved but don’t know where to start? These documents will help you get more familiar with the budget process in DC, as well as with how we earn the revenue to support our budget.