The DC Fiscal Policy Institute is seeking a Policy Analyst to work on budget and public policy issues affecting low- and moderate-income residents of the District of Columbia, particularly health care. The policy analyst will conduct research and engage in advocacy to influence DC budget and other policies.
The DC Fiscal Policy Institute promotes policy solutions to reduce poverty in the District of Columbia and to give residents the opportunity for a secure economic future. DCFPI influences DC budget and policy decisions through research and analysis, direct engagement with policymakers, and strategic partnerships with other organizations. DCFPI is the leading independent source of information on the DC budget and how the city’s resources are spent, and the leading group in DC working on issues of tax fairness and adequacy. DCFPI is a key research resource on DC income, poverty, and employment and wage trends.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research, and prepare policy reports and briefs
- Lead DCFPI’s work in health care policy and possibly other issue areas
- Analyze pending legislative or DC budget proposals
- Represent DCFPI in advocacy coalitions
- Make public presentations of DCFPI research
Applicants should have an interest in fiscal policy issues and poverty issues, and have the following skills/experience:
- Graduate degree in public policy or related field, or relevant experience
- Facility with spreadsheets and statistical database programs such as STATA
- Work experience in a public policy setting, preferably including advocacy experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in a time-sensitive manner
- Knowledge of health policy, particularly Medicaid, is preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include two health insurance options, dental and vision coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement, MERP, DCAP, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information also can be mailed to:
DCFPI is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, takes affirmative action to insure that discrimination does not occur on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.
Please click here to download copy of this job announcement.