FY 2014 Budget Toolkit Archive
Welcome to the DC Fiscal Policy Institute’s Budget Guide! Here you will find resources to help you understand the annual budget and budget process in DC. In addition, you will find an in depth guide and tools to understand the fiscal year 2014 budget that will be proposed by Mayor Gray on March 28th and voted on by the DC Council on May 22nd. This section also contains links to posts from DCFPI’s blog, the District’s Dime, related to the fiscal year 2014 budget.
DC Council Proposed Budget
Below are links to the FY 2014 budget that the Council will vote on May 22nd:
- Cover Memo from Chairman Mendelson
- Budget Request Act Committee Report
- Proposed Budget Request Act
- Budget Support Act Committee Report
- Proposed Budget Support Act
Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Guide
In order to help you understand the fiscal year 2014 budget, DCFPI will release an in-depth analysis of the entire DC budget and well as analyses of key issue areas by April 11th.
- DCFPI analysis of the approved fiscal year 2014 budget
- Fiscal year 2014 budget analyses for key issue areas: education, employment/training, energy assistance, health care, homeless services, housing, Interim Disability Assistance (IDA), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), and taxes
- DCFPI budget spreadsheet: This downloadable Excel spreadsheet includes information on local funding for all DC agencies from fiscal year 2000 to fiscal year 2014
- Guide to the fiscal year 2014 Budget Process
- Fiscal year 2014 Budget Briefings. Several agencies will be holding budget briefings to help the public better understand the changes in their fiscal year 2014 budget and provide an opportunity to ask questions. Click here to see a listing of agencies that will be offering briefings as well as details on the times, locations, etc.
Understanding the District’s Budget and Budget Process
Here you will find resources to help you understand the District’s budget, where DC get’s its revenue to support the budget, the timeline for the development of the District’s annual budget and how you can get involved.
- DCFPI’s Citizen’s Guide to the DC Budget
- DCFPI Guide to Where the District Gets its Revenue
- DCFPI’s Guide to the Annual Budget Process
Budget Information from the District’s Dime
Stay up to date on fiscal year 2014 budget developments with our blog, the District’s Dime. You will find all budget related blogs listed below.
- Mayor Gray’s Budget Makes Significant Investments in DC Residents & Communities
- The Main Event: The DC Budget is Back
- Adding it Up: What do We Already Know About Next Year’s DC Public Schools Budget?
- DC Will be Stronger if Everyone Succeeds: DCFPI’s Goals for the Upcoming FY 2014 Budget
Links to Important Budget Documents from DC Government
- Mayor’s proposed fiscal year 2014 budget website: Find links to the Mayor’s proposed budget and supporting documents.
- FY 2014 Budget Support Act: Click here to find the legislation that accompanies the FY 2014 budget request act
- DC budget and financial plan on the Chief Financial Officer’s website. Find links to the current proposed budget as well as links to budgets from FY 2007-FY 2013.
- DC Council fiscal year 2014 budget website: Find link to the Council’s budget documents, oversight hearing schedule, oversight questions and answers, and more!