Fiscal Year 2017 Budget Toolkit
Welcome to the DC Fiscal Policy Institute’s Budget Toolkit!
Here you will find resources to help you understand the annual budget process in DC.
That includes an in-depth guide and tools to understand the fiscal year (FY) 2017 budget proposed by Mayor Bowser on March 24th, 2016, which was voted on by the DC Council on May 17th.
You can get DCFPI’s take on the final FY 2017 budget here, in our final budget overview.
Fiscal Year 2017 Budget Guide
In order to help you understand the FY 2017 budget, DCFPI has released an in-depth analysis of the entire FY 2017 DC budget and analyses of several individual program areas. (See below.)
- DCFPI FY 2017 Chartbook
- Analysis of Key Issue Areas:
|Employment and Training||Interim Disability Service (IDA)|
|Health Care||Temporary Assistance For Needy Families (TANF)|
|Homeless Services||Tax and Revenue|
Becoming a DC Budget Advocate
Looking to get involved but don’t know where to start? These documents will help you get more familiar with the budget process in DC, as well as with how we earn the revenue to support our budget.
- DCFPI Overview of the Final FY 2017 Budget
- DCFPI Overview of Mayor’s Proposed FY 2017 Budget
- DCFPI’s Quick Guide to the 2017 Budget Process & Timeline
- DCFPI’s Citizen’s Guide to the DC Budget
- DCFPI Guide to Where the District Gets its Revenue
- DCFPI’s Guide to School Funding
Stay Up To Date!
Sign up for budget updates from DCFPI! We send weekly e-mails through budget season including
- Updates on budget happenings
- An overview of budget related blogs
- Opportunities to get involved in budget advocacy